soda_jerk (Dan & Dominique Angeloro) are Sydney-based artists who work exclusively with found footage. Their hour-long narrative video remix Pixel Pirate II: Attack of the Astro Elvis Video Clone (2002-06) engages a critique of intellectual property law, and since its launch at the Art Gallery of NSW , has screened internationally in the Czech Republic, Germany, Scotland, the Netherlands, Mexico and India. Their Australian remix Picnic at Wolf Creek (2006) was included in the 16th Video Brasil Festival, Brazil. In 2008, Soda_Jerk exhibited their 3-channel video installation Astro Black: a History of Hip-Hop (Episodes 0-2) at the Museum of Contemporary Art, Sydney. Soda_Jerk’s sample-based practice knowingly breaches copyright and intellectual property laws to promote the idea of creative commons and to expand the public domain for artists.
- 2013 Experimenta Speak to Me at ISEA2013, Experimenta
- 2013 Re mix, Gallery Ellipsis...
- 2012 Contemporary Australia: Women, Queensland Art Gallery/Gallery of Modern Art (GOMA)
- 2011 Public Lecture: Mark Amerika "Remixthecontext: the transmedia artist in network culture", Centre For Creative Arts, La Trobe University
- 2010 After the Rainbow, 2010 Next Wave Festival