b. 1945, live and works Sydney, Australia Mike Parr’s video/installation works explore physical limits, memory and self‐identity. These often centre on self‐mutilation, extreme physical feats which challenge the audience. The works are documented photographically and on video. Solo exhibitions include The Tilted Stage, Detached, Hobart (2008); MIRROR /ARSE, Revolutions: Forms that turn, Biennale of Sydney, Sydney (2008); Volte Face Mike Parr Prints & Preprints 1970‐2005, Museum of Contemporary Art, Sydney (2006). Group exhibitions include Last Ride in a Hot Air Balloon, The 4th Auckland Triennial, Auckland (2010); Into Me/Out of Me, PS1 , MOMA, New York, USA (2007).
- 2012 Inner worlds: portraits and psychology, Ian Potter Museum of Art
- 2011 Born to Concrete: The Heide Collection, Heide Museum of Modern Art
- 2011 Without Words, Centre for Contemporary Photography (CCP)
- 2011 Let the Healing Begin, IMA - Institute of Modern Art
- 2011 Afterglow: performance art and photography, Monash Gallery of Art
- 2011 Photography killed performance art, Monash Gallery of Art
- 2010 The River Project, Campbelltown Arts Centre